Healthy Homemade Lunches? Try Out These Recipes? - Time to have lunch! Wow, it is what people want to hear. Bored with the same lunch menu over and over again? What about trying another menu for lunch? Here we have some healthy homemade lunches which are simple and easy to make. Here are some recipes of healthy homemade lunches you might be interested.
Veggie-Stack Pita PocketsWith only 13 minutes of cooking, you can enjoy this menu for healthy homemade lunches. Prepare the ingredients and make sure you follow the step-by-step instructions.
• 10 to 12 whole wheat of pita minis, toasted lightly (3 inches)
• 1 cucumber (small)
• ½ ripe of avocado, sliced and pitted
• ½ bell of pepper or sliced (sliced and seeded)
• Ground black pepper
• ¼ cup of extra virgin oil
• Pinch red pepper flakes
• 1 tsp of kosher salt (add more to seasoning)
• 1 can of chickpeas or white beans (rinsed also drained)
• 2 tsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice
• ¼ cup of grated manchego (pecorino romano cheese is fine)
• 1-2 tsp of water
Steps of making healthy homemade lunches:
1. Combine the cheese, water, chickpeas, salt, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes in the food processor. Puree till they’re smooth completely for about 5 minutes.
2. While motor is still running, pour in olive oil and the process till incorporated fully. Season it with pepper to taste.
3. Spoon scant of bean, spread in to the toasted pitas.
4. Add avocado, cucumber slices, and other vegetables you want. Season to taste using pepper and salt.
5. Wrap in the parchment or in butcher paper.
6. Pack in the plastic container for keeping it from getting little bit squished.
|Related post: Healthy Breakfast Burrito You Can Enjoy|
Smokey Salmon Lettuce WrapsAmong many recipes for healthy homemade lunches, salmon is considered as favorite. This ingredient, aside from offering nice taste, is also easy to cook. That is why busy people love to have this as their homemade lunch.
• 1 tsp of fat free cream cheese
• 2 ounces of lox style smoked salmon
• 3 medium large leaves romaine lettuce
• ¼ tsp of salt free lemon pepper seasoning
• ¼ cup of finely chopped red onion
• 1 seedless cucumber, sliced thinly
• 2 tsp of sun dried tomatoes sliced
Steps to make healthy homemade lunches:
1. Lay lettuce leaves in the plate and spread evenly the insides with the cream cheese, about 1 teaspoon for each.
2. Sprinkle it with lemon pepper as the seasoning, and top it with smoked salmon.
3. Top that salmon with the onion. Distribute equally the cucumber slices among the lettuce leaves. Top evenly the top with the sun dried tomatoes.