Simple and Favorite Healthy Breakfast for Men Recipes - “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” That saying signifies the importance of our first meal of the day; after all, breakfast is always the man’s meal. Here are our favorite healthy breakfast for men recipes you can try at home!
Cajun Breakfast Casserole
There are seemingly unlimited ways to make breakfast casserole more delicious and healthier. For instance, you can always accommodate any mix of veggies, bread, eggs, and meat; basically, you can use anything stored inside your refrigerator. And this healthy breakfast for men recipe is one of those possibilities!
Ingredients for healthy breakfast for men recipe:
• 12-16 ounces thinly sliced smoked Andouille sausage
• 1 medium tomato, diced
• 1/2 cup onion, chopped
• 6 large eggs
• 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
• 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
• 11/2 cup red pepper, chopped
• /4 tsp. black pepper
• Hot sauce
• 4 slices bread, torn into 1” pieces
• 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
• Salt and pepper
Instruction to prepare this healthy breakfast for men:
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a baking dish.
2. Cook sliced sausage with bell peppers and onion until the veggies turn translucent in a large skillet. Add tomatoes before they’re cooked and continue cooking for a minute or two.
3. In a bowl, whisk milk with eggs along with pepper, Cajun seasoning, and any spices you’d like to use. Add hot sauce to taste.
4. In the prepared baking dish, arrange the bread over the bottom. Add veggies and sausage. Top with the cheddar cheese and pour the egg mix over the top evenly.
5. Bake for 40 minutes.
|Related post: Homemade Healthy Breakfast Near Me Recipes You Can Try at Home|
Biscuit and Gravy
Not only is this a great Southern comfort food, it’s also a delicious healthy breakfast for men. Be sure not to go overboard with sausage! Alternatively, your sausage gravy may turn out more sausage instead.
Ingredients for this healthy breakfast for men recipe:
• 1 pack of 1 pound pork sausage
• Salt and pepper
• 1 quart of 2% milk
1. Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add enough flour to coat the sausage evenly. Stir until the flour absorbs the grease coming out from the sausage.
3. Add salt, milk, and pepper (1 quart or as you needed). Stir until it thickens. If the consistency is too thick, pour more milk.
4. When the gravy mix is cooked, pour over the biscuits and enjoy!