Healthy Breakfast Burrito You Can Enjoy - Want to grab a burrito for breakfast? Everybody surely loves burrito, especially for breakfast. Not only tasty, you also need to have healthy breakfast burrito. Actually there are some burritos sold in the market, even for breakfast. But you do not know whether or not those burritos are healthy. So, here are two breakfast burrito recipes you can try at home. These healthy breakfast burrito recipes are not difficult to try. Furthermore, they are quick in serving and cooking.
Breakfast BurritoThe first healthy breakfast burrito is recommended for entire family. Try to cook this breakfast burrito and you will get your family asks for more and more. This recipe spends 38 minutes of cooking time.
• ½ small red onion (diced)
• 1 red bell pepper (seeded and also diced)
• 2 tsp of canola oil
• ¼ tsp of chili flakes
• Black Pepper (freshly ground)
• 1 cup of rinsed canned black beans
• 4 egg whites
• 4 eggs
• 1/3 cup of pepper jack cheese, shredded
• Hot sauce
• Nonstick cooking spray
• ¼ cup or reduced fat free sour cream
• ¼ cup of salsa
• 4 whole wheat tortillas in the burrito size
Steps to make healthy breakfast burrito:
1. Heat the canola oil. Cook the peppers and onions. Add black beans as well as the red pepper flakes. Cook till warm.
2. Season with pepper and salt.
3. Whisk the eggs and the eggs whites. Spray the skillet with the cooking spray. Scramble them. Spread each of the tortilla with 1 tsp of sour cream also salsa. Layer with ¼ black bean mixture and the scrambled eggs. Season, to taste. Then, serve it.
|Related post: Healthy Fast Food Options You Can Make|
Sausage and Potato BurritoIf you wish to have more energy in the morning, sausage and potato burrito is the one to go. This healthy breakfast burrito is really easy to make and will be ready in minutes.
• 1 pound potatoes, skinned and cut into small chunks
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 6 sausage links, chopped
• 10 large eggs
• 4 tortillas, whole grain
Steps to make:
1. Cut one pound of the red and skinned potatoes in the small chunks. Toss with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
2. Roast them in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes
3. Cook sausage in nonstick skillet for 5 min. On the other skillet, scramble eggs.
4. Warm grain tortillas. Place one tortilla on the work surface.
5. Arrange ¼ of the eggs in the line down in the middle.
6. Arrange ¼ of the potatoes on one side of eggs and ¼ other with sausage on the other sides.
7. Roll the tortilla to form a burrito. Cut it in the half crosswide. Healthy breakfast burrito is ready to serve.