Healthiest Fast Food Breakfast Sandwich You Can Eat with No Worries - When it comes to talking about healthy foods, the processed ones such as those bought from the fast food restaurants quickly become the forbidden apple. And that, indeed, results from the reasonable considerations. Well, what about cooking your own healthiest fast food breakfast sandwich? There are some great recipes that taste as great as the fast food version, but obviously healthier and better!
Homemade Egg McMuffinThe famous McMuffin from McDonald’s is always a truly mouth-watering choice to enjoy as your first meal of the day. While the original version itself is surprisingly better than what we may have expected, you can make yourself the healthiest fast food breakfast sandwich by cooking them at home!
Ingredients for this healthiest fast food breakfast sandwich:
• 12 eggs
• 12 English muffins
• 1/2 pounds sharp cheddar, sliced
• 1/2 pounds ham, thickly cut
• Salt and pepper (only to taste)
• Spinach or tomato (optional)
Instructions for this homemade:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degree F.
2. Meanwhile, prepare a muffin tin. Spray it with cooking spray.
3. Crack one egg for every muffin opening.
4. Once your oven is ready, cook the egg in muffin tin for 10 to 15 minutes. Take them out of the oven once they are cooked.
5. Assemble your homemade healthiest fast food breakfast sandwich Egg McMuffin: place eggs, ham, and sharp cheddar on the English muffins. Sprinkle pepper and salt to taste. Add some spinach or sliced tomatoes as desired.
|Related post: Refreshingly Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss|
Cheddar Bacon Ranch MeltThis is the homemade and healthiest fast food breakfast sandwich recipe for the famous Subway’s version which will help you drop a pants size instead of expanding your waistline.
• 1 tbsp. sour cream
• 1 cooked chicken breast, cubed
• 1 1/2 tsp. dry ranching dressing
• 2 slices bacon, crushed
• 2 slices bread
• 1 oz. extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
• 1 slice of addition cheddar cheese
Instructions for healthiest fast food breakfast sandwich:
1. Prepare first: over low heat, head a medium sized skillet.
2. Combine ranch dressing and sour cream in a small bowl. Add cheese, bacon, and chicken.
3. On both sides of bread, spread butter evenly and in equal amounts.
4. Place one slice of bread, already buttered, down into the warm pan. Layer with the mixture and sliced cheese. Place another slice of bread, its buttered side faces up. Lower the heat to medium, then cook until bread is crispy and browned, or about 2 to 4 minutes. Flip your sandwich and cook until the second bread slice is slightly browned. To melt cheese, place bowl atop sandwich for another minute. Serve immediately.